Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the Famous Dave Makeover Competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- The Competition commences 15 January 2017 at 09.00 am and entries close at 17.00 pm on the 31st March 2017.
- Entry is only open to people who meet all of the following criteria:
(a) Western Cape Residents aged 18 years or over; Residing in the Western Cape.
(b) Who submits his living room photo, along with his/ her Name, Surname and Contact details during the Competition Period to email@example.com
- Employees (and their immediate families) of Famous Dave, or agencies or companies associated with the conduct of this Competition, are ineligible to enter.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- The Promoter will advise of the Competition results through direct email to the winner.
- To enter the Promotion, Entrants must:
(1) Send a photo of their Living Room, Name and Surname along with contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org during the Competition Period
(2) Agree to the Conditions of Entry
(3) Be a resident of the Western Cape and reside in the Western Cape at the time of the Competition.
- There is a limit of one entry per Entrant. If an Entrant tries to enter more than once, their first entry is the only entry that will be accepted. All subsequent entries will be disqualified.
Judging of Entries
- The Entry must be the Living Room of the Entrant.
- Only one Entry can be submitted per Entrant during the Competition Period.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time the entrant receives his confirmation email. Records of the Promoter are final and conclusive.
- Famous Dave reserves the right to validate and check the authenticity of Entries, and reserves the right to reject any Entries which are not submitted in accordance with these Conditions of Entry, which infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, which are offensive, or which are inappropriate in any way as determined in Famous Dave’s absolute discretion.
- All valid Entries received during the Promotion Period will be individually judged by a person appointed by the Famous Dave which will count for 50% of the vote. Thereafter the valid Entry will be judged by his or her friends on Facebook.
- The best Entry as determined by the judge and his or her Facebook friends, will win the prize.
- The winner will be notified by phone and email within seven days of the Competition closing.
- Famous Dave’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute.
- There is one prize to be given away. The Winning Entry will receive the following items:
A living Room makeover to the Value of R10 000, products and or decorative items to be determined by Famous Dave and their designers.
- The Winner acknowledges that all items are new or second hand items that may have incurred damage either prior to, or during delivery and are provided to the Winner. Famous Dave makes no representation or warranty that the items are new or offered in new condition. Items can be decorative and be of a recycled nature.
- All elements of the prize must be accepted
- If for any reason the winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated by Famous Dave, then the prize will be forfeited. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- All Entries and any intellectual property rights subsisting in the Entries become and remain the property of the Famous Dave.
- By entering the Competition, you grant Famous Dave an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual worldwide licence to use and exploit your response to the Competition by all means whatsoever (including without limitation, in print and electronic format). In addition, you consent to Famous Dave and the sponsors, related body corporates and agents infringing your moral rights in your response to the Competition for an indefinite period of time by:
(1) Not naming you as the author of your response to the Competition; and
(2) Amending or modifying (whether by changing, adding to or deleting/renaming) any part of your response to the Competition.
- Responses to the Competition (with or without attribution to the author) may be reproduced on www.famousdave.co.za or Famous Dave social media pages for an indefinite period of time.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, Famous Dave reserves the right in its discretion to modify the terms of the Competition including the prizes and these Conditions of Entry.
- Famous Dave assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical, telecommunications or other problems, including security breaches, unauthorized intervention or fraud. If such problems arise then Famous Dave may, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) disqualify any claimant; or (b), modify or suspend the competition as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under similar consumer protection laws in South Africa. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Famous Dave (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for losses, damages, costs or expenses of any nature (including arising from negligence) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential (and including loss of opportunity), in connection with the competition.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Participants understand that any information provided as part of this Competition is provided to the winner by Famous Dave only and not to Facebook. Facebook is completely released of all liability by each participant in this Competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition must be directed to Famous Dave and not to Facebook.
- The Promoter is Famous Dave of Brackenfell, Cape Town, South Africa.